Re: Mopar Crate Engine Question

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 12:39:13 EDT

I bought one. I used it as a donor block for my 408. Several years ago,
spare 360 blocks were HARD to come by.

The rumor is that while they are good, a complete disassembly and inspection
should be done. Verify measurements, reclean the parts etc. Apparently
there were "some" quality issues. I can't say they still exist. From What
I've heard of those that are using them, they are quite happy though.

I'm not sure on cost. Might be worth checking the ads in several Mopar
based magazines as well as they can put very competitive numbers out.

TonyC