Re: Re: front brake instructions?

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 12:50:29 EDT

Oh, sounds like the dreaded 2 sided spring that is separate from the pad.

Yes, It needs to be reused.

1) place the two little tits (center of spring) into the appropriate holes
in the pad. The whole spring will be leaning outwards around 45*.

2) while holding in place with a mallet handle (etc), use a screwdriver to
pry one of the outer spring ends down and under the caliper support

3) while holding even harder against the assembly, pry the other end down
and under the caliper support.

4) tap it around to square it up

Holding the spring in place is MANDATORY. Otherwise it wants to fly out and
attack the mechanic!!! Ouch, I always hated when I did that hahaha

TonyC