SAS progress.

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 18:05:55 EDT

I just posted a summary of today's parts chasing exorsise in my PBB
thread, but this is the important part:

Forecast schedule through completion

Wed (today): steering work. Can do the tie rod, rough the drag link
for when pitman arm exists. probably fake steering with a heim on the
existing pitman for rolling chassis status. Then finish front
crossmember, add gussets to coil towers and link mounts, and start
cutting pieces for spring hangars

Thurs: pick up conversion ujoint, order front flex brake lines, find
out if the cheap ($66) Ford pitman will fit my shaft splines, otherwise
order a custom one, finalize rear axle position based on existing
driveshaft and fuel tank clearance. "adjust" wheel wells as needed,
fab spring hangars and spring plates.

Fri: pick up e-brake cable parts from Ford, finish hanging the rear
axle, spec & order rear shocks, plumb & string rear brakes. Set up
shock mounts f&r. reinstall exhaust. Truck should be "drivable" but
without brakes and with unsafe steering.

Sat: catch up/ finishing touches on construction. Then disassembly and
wire wheel in prep for primer and paint.

Sun: finish rattlecanning, reassemble. clean up shop completely, move
truck outside.

Mon: wait. curse the holiday that is my last day of workspace which is
unusable.

Tues: Might have shocks, might have brake lines. Pray for sunshine.

Wed: Will definitely have both. install shocks, bleed brakes, probably
still waiting on pitman arm (I'm assuming the Ford will have different
spines)

Someday ASAP: pitman arm arrives, is installed, and the truck is "done"

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife