Re: any exp. w/ a potentially failing 5.2?

From: Ethan Schwartz (ethan@ethanschwartz.com)
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 22:17:55 EDT

So... I was forced to look into this noisy engine thing... last night
the water pump started leaking like a siv

Whole thing was the water pump...

I've never seen a worse pump w/o being seized... there was about 1/2" of
play in the pulley/bearings and it was noisy just being spun by hand...

Anyway... $65 from AZ and 4 hours later... the truck purrs like a kitten