Re: Heater core lets go at 37,500..........need advice.

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 23:32:02 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
: On Sep 4, 2004, at 17:08, Jason Bleazard wrote:

:> On Sat, September 4, 2004 3:41 pm, andy levy said:
:>>
:>> However, Steve's also slightly out of warranty on this part (by 1500
:>> miles),
:>
:> Ah, sorry. Somehow I missed that piece of information. Guess that's
:> what
:> I get for skimming posts.

: When I skim, I'm usually just reading subject lines.....

: (psst - read the subject line again)

   Subject line doesn't say anything about a warranty though...
The warranty on my Dak was good to 100K, the '92 Ram to 70K;
unfortunately neither is under warranty now, ran out of time
rather than miles. If I can scrape together the cash before
October, I will be extending the '01 Ram's warranty as well.

   Speaking of which, Steve, since this repair will probably be
$500 at a minimum, you might want to give some thought to
purchasing a Chrysler extended warranty on your Dak. Cost will
depend on the coverage you want and the length of time/miles to
extend it, but figure somewhere between $500-1500 probably, at
both extremes. I'm not exactly sure how this would work with
the truck needing repair already, but it sounds like nobody
knows about that yet, and it may be possible to purchase it
right over the phone. You can extend your warranty over the
Internet from Chrysler (though I don't recall what the web
address is - anyone know?), but once you get the price on-line,
call a dealer and they can usually knock about 20% off for ya.
Anyway, just a thought - since you have to spend at least $500
anyway why not spend that (or a little more) on a warranty instead
which will cover this repair and any future items which might
come up? (A deductible will apply, depending on what plan you
choose.) Anyhoo - it was just a thought... You'll need to
check out the plans, etc. to see if this works for your
particular needs, but it might be worth looking into.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'