Re: Re: Need towing info

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 14:10:44 EDT

 I completely agree with Jon here. You do NOT want that thing nose high. I have towed a 10' trailer, with maybe 1000 lbs of furniture, boxes, etc on a 450 mile trip. It was back loaded enough that the nose would go up when I pulled it off the hitch. That was the most hair raising drive I've ever had, as the trailer wanted to go side to side (wandering). I would have unloaded and adjusted the furniture, but I was all alone, so I had to ride it out. Driving down a mountain with a trailer doing that is no picnic!!!

Anyway, when I got my truck, I paid $25 to have a wiring harness installed at a local shop (hey, didn't know anything, gimme break, hehe). Not cheap, but not overly expensive either. Oh yes, that was all on my bumper hitch as well. Bumper hitch is nice in that it gives you more control over a trailer, but it does limit you on what you can tow, and cannot make as tight of a turn.

Ken Allgood