Re: axle flange gasket?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 03:05:06 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2004, at 00:20, Terrible Tom wrote:
>
>> I would interpret that to mean the seal in the differential itself is
>> leaking <snip> Good luck trying to find them though - I know we don't
>> carry them at AutoZone - I had a customer trying to find one for his
>> 1989 4x4 - and I had no listing in my computer and the timken paper
>> catalogue was of no use.
>

> I had no problem finding a p-side seal for my '98 a year or so ago. I
> think I got it at Checker.
>
> BTW - I have far less than no faith whatsoever in your computer system.
> Nothing personal, but I think the Gaping Anos would oftentimes be more
> accurate in "spitting out" proper parts numbers.

LMAO - Why would I ever take that personally? Its a company I work for.
    Not a personal extension of me. I'll be the first to say the
computer systems we use suck ass in several different ways. The
terminals frequently crash, the register computers are buggy, our
procedures are archaic, and the accuracy of the inventory listings and
parts catalogues is shaky at best. Everyone at my store thinks the same
about the computer systems. As does just about everyone else I've
talked to who has used them at one point or another.

(sigh) AZ really needs to bring their technology into the present.
Would just be my luck, someone from corporate is reading this and I'll
get fired tomorrow for slander. LOL

On a side note - yes I am aware that the catalogues list a "temperature
sensor" (ECU gets that signal) and a "temperature switch" with the
"switch" typically being the sending unit that sends the temp signal to
the instrument cluster (on systems that use two sensors) - go figure.