Sixer is not a dirty word.....

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 22:32:04 EDT

Hey guys and gals! A few days ago I commented on how
well my Dak was running,and benignly compared the
occasional "lower end" of it`s performance
scale(resulting from weather conditions) to a "sixer".
I did not realize at the time I constructed my post
that those words may cause pain and hardship to some
by the phraseology that was used,and that is this
writer`s fault,and none other. Let me be abundantly
clear: I apologize at this time. The remark was
regrettable.

What I fear may have happened is this:

The comment could have been inadvertantly seized upon
by people who already may be predisposed to feelings
of inadequacy due to being cylindrically challenged.
And rather than take this into account (the fact that
you really have to walk on eggshells with some people,
or else feelings will get trampled on and their pride
will be crumpled up like a crusty old snot rag),I
unfortunately went full bore with my accolades for my
eight-piston Dak. I know now that it was wrong. :)

I suppose it would be a better world,where all Daks
are judged according to the content of their character
rather than the burbling cubic displacement under
their skin. Where,instead of merely looking on perhaps
as another Dak has trouble pulling a stump out of the
ground,the stouter Dak might pull up alongside and
say,"Here,Brother,let me help you with that. And,by
the way: I love you."

Friends,let us celebrate the unity we have with our
Daks. For there is but one Dak! It is the 1986-2005
Dodge Dakota 4X4 (if equipped),with power mirrors (or
not),with some kind of differential setup and with a
given number of cylinders. That is what we fight for!
It`s what we love.

Steve P. (Former proud owner of a 1999 V6 Dak!)
          (Now proud owner of a 2001 V8 Dak,but still
lovin` the 3.9`s!) :)

 And when a V8 Dak owner comes along and announces to
everyone that his engine is performing superbly,it
unfortunately does little to mitigate the sting that
V6