Re: I Took A Gen IV For A Spin Today

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 19:00:12 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> [...]
> : Previous exterior design complaints still stand. Doors carved too much,
> : front end too low, grill dished into the bumper too much - ass end is
> : A++ wonderful. Kudos to the new V8 Magnum engine badge on the tail
> : gate. Me like that!
>
> : Cosmetically I like it but I don't love it.. they could have done much
> : better. Park a Gen III next to a Gen IV - and I really like the looks of
> : the Gen III better.
> [...]
>

> Tom, sounds like you need to find a silver GenIII and put a
> GenIV box on it. :-)

There IS a Silver Gen III - an 04 - brand new - 4x4 CC 4.7, Auto, on
the Stealers lot - don't tempt me anymore than I already am tempted
heheh. But about that box swap - I dont think it would look good
without doing some shaving or body filling. I dont know how well the
Gen IV box would look on the Gen III truck. However I saw in a magazine
on the rack at work - I think it was Truckin' - - a Gen III truck that
was customized - and had 02+ Ram tail lights fitted into the bed.
Methinks the Gen IV Dak lights would make a nice little trick custom
mod. - in Christine perhaps - since the overall shape is about the same
- (rectangular) - would also look pretty cool if they were fitted into a
Gen III. I could easily see these Gen IV tail lights turning into a
common modification... similar to the Supra tail lights and the Vette
style tail lights you see commonly used in rear end lighting mods.