What a bad day... (just a little long)

From: Bill Day (billday@comwares.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 20:14:08 EDT

Well the day started of ok, got a few projects aroudn the hosue completed,
then things got progressively worse...

Kinda started yesterday(it was the wifes birthday and guess who forgot..),
get to my projects this morning and get them done finally. Head to town
with my bi-monthly beer can haul, and decide to get the wife a basket of
flowers for forgetting her birthday, alls well until my brakes start
creating a hella racket.. no problem, I have been ignoring them for a month
and decided to stop at Napa and pick up some true-stops for the time being.
Get home and get truck jacked up and finally discover what has been making
all the racket in the front end when I make tight left turns.. 3 out of 4
of my hub assembly mounting bolts(through the knuckle deal) have wiggled
out!

Th truck has been making this oddball noise for a while, sounding like a
tire rubbing in turn, of course it only done it while turning...

Anyway, call the local stealer and they said they have 5 on hand, so I head
in there(after 45 minutes of trying to find someone to give me a ride or
something) and pay the almost $36 for 4 brand new bolts. Other than the
start(12 point head) they look right, like a dumbass I didn't take the
remaing one with me. Get home and continue my quest on installing my brakes
and replacing the bolts, they are the wrong ones!! Oversized threads wont
even go through the knuckle holes.

So they supposedly have the others there and have to go back to town in the
morning for the others.

Can someone correct me on this point. Are the Hub assembly bolts to be
torqued to 90 ftlbs of 90 inlbs?

Btw, a little trick I picked up for installing them, use a bottle jack under
the a-arm to lift a-arm and you dont have to fight the cv-joint compression
to get them in..

Bill Day
billday@comwares.net

A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
give..

AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red 3.55 LSD turning 30x9.50x15's

---