Lock cylinder continued....

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 20:14:58 EDT

Well I had made up my mind to go with the CarQuest part for 38 bucks, when
someone suggested I call a local locksmith. The CarQuest part would have had a
different key, and the dealer wanted 83 bucks for one that was not keyed, so
I'd have to pay to have a locksmith set it up. Turns out to be a great idea,
because he came out to my job site, keyed a new cylinder to match my original
ignition/door key, installed the thing, plus buttoned up the cover plates for
me all for 50 bucks. I never would have thought a locksmith would be that
cheap.

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto