Re: I Took A Gen IV For A Spin Today

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 21:35:05 EDT

On Fri, October 1, 2004 6:51 pm, droo said:

> I just don't think there is a market there. The dakota is a powerful
> truck
> for its size. But it certainly isn't designed or marketed to be a heavy
> hauler. I'm no expert, but is hauling 16,000 lbs with dakota even a good
> idea? I think the wider stance of the Ram would be better suited.

I think a diesel in a Dak would be a good idea, but only if we stop
thinking of the Cummins in the Ram and think more along the lines of the
diesel they're putting in the Liberty. Good fuel mileage, lots of torque,
sounds good to me.

I think they're using the Liberty as a market test, to see if anyone buys
it. If it does well, my theory is they'll start looking at putting small
diesel engines in other vehicles like Dakotas.