Re: I Took A Gen IV For A Spin Today

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 03:46:53 EDT

On Oct 1, 2004, at 18:51, droo wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:26:39 -0500, Aaron Wyse <awyse@sw.rr.com> wrote:
>

>> I had started a thread on Car & Drivers web site about the 2005
>> Dakota..
>> Primarily commenting on lack of Diesel or Hemi power in them.
>> Apparently
>> they've never driven an R/T or even an old Mopar.
>> Thier attitude was mainly that it's looks are just terrible, a 4.7L is
>> plenty of motor for it, nobody would buy a diesel Dak and the Hemi
>> isn't
>> needed.

> I just don't think there is a market there. The dakota is a powerful
> truck for its size. But it certainly isn't designed or marketed to be
> a heavy hauler. I'm no expert, but is hauling 16,000 lbs with dakota
> even a good idea?

of course not! who ever said anything about 16000#??? Tow ratings for
the Dakota are no up to a max of 7150 (from 6400 if I'm not mistaken),
so where's the power to back up that number? If I was buying a truck
to tow - and at over 7000# rated, that's not out of the question - I'd
want big block or deisel power. without a HEMI or baby Cummins that
isn't there.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
mobile.612.618.4652   home.585.935.7129