Re: OT: SRT-6 AWD 330 HP Crossfire

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 11:34:57 EDT

Mr. Plow wrote:

> Dunno if anyone had heard about this awesome sounding vehicle yet, but
> apparently DC is currently producing some of these Crossfires.
> Spoke with a person that will remain anonymous and they had taken it for
> a ride at the DC test track and they said that the thing took off like a
> rocket with zero tire spin due to the AWD and got up to 70 in a real
> hurry. Also did a few hard break tests and said that the g-forces
> really gave their neck muscles a real workout trying to stay still under
> the deceleration.
>
> Definitely make a nice 2nd vehicle/toy as they are only 2-seaters and
> the trunk is almost non-existant. But, the 330 ponies under the hood
> would make up for it i think. :D

Hey Adam! How's it goin man? No I had not heard of an SRT Crossfire.
  (damn I miss Buzzwatch) What engine are they going to use for that
model? This makes me think of the Prowler. Its a damned shame nothing
ever became of it, in regards to a factory high performance model.

I sat in a Crossfire at the Chicago Auto Show last year and was
seriously not happy with the visibility issues. Shutting the drivers
door made me feel as if I was closing the lid on a coffin. If I ever
would buy one - it would have to be a convertable - for more head room.
  I think having gone to a Ram - for my daily driver - leaves me feeling
closed in when I sit in anything smaller.

Hmmmm I just had a thought. All Wheel Drive Crossfire? Light weight,
high powered? hack fenders, Kumho mudders.....

(evil laughter)