Re: need a favor from someone with a 99 dakota sport club cab truck

From: Eric Huff (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 18:37:39 EDT

> ok.. i lowered my truck a month or two ago, but didn't take any
> measurements before the drop..
>
> i need someone out there with the following to measure the wheel
> well location on the front tires and the rear tires (all four)..
>
> -- 99 Dakota Sport
> 4x2
> 3.9v6
> club cab
>

> the center of the wheel well is the location that i am looking
> for.
>
> i'm trying to figure out how much my truck dropped, because i am
> having some problems with the front tires rubbing against th wheel
> well. on bumps.

Hey Eric,

Did you ever get an answer to this? I just made it back up my
mail box and saw your post.

I can get the measurements for you (when laura gets home this
evening).

I have slightly bigger tires than stock, though.

What would be the best way to correct for that? I can try to measure
from the center of the wheel to the top of the tires, too, so that
you end up with an wheel center to wheel well measurement. That
will probably be a little bit of a sloppy measurement, though.

Or, if we're lucky, i might be able to measure (on the backs) from
axle tube to well.

Let me know if you still need the meas,

eric

--