Could I Be.....The FIRST????

From: Gary Hedlin (garyhedlin@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 04:58:20 EDT

Oh boy, I can sense some greif over this...... :)

As you may or may not know, my 98 was becoming a maintenance nightmare. And
for someone like me who has no mechanical ability whatsoever, I had to do
something..... SO I DID!

http://garyhedlin.com/Pics/IMG_1415.JPG

Yes, I've ventured to the dark side (or at least uncharted territory). Yes,
It's in my garage ready to roll... MY 05 DAKOTA IS HERE!!

Today after getting the insurance, plates, and a new spinner ball, I took
her out on a drive... A good 40 mile drive in town, on the highway, and just
doing the things everyone does when they're alone with a 4.7 :) I'm happy
to report the new dakotas kick ass! I was pleasantly surprised just how
capable the truck is. It's nice & powerful, and very smooth and quiet.

But no bonzai run would be complete without a trusted partner in crime in
the passenger seat, so I picked up my grandfather and we went on our way.
The first thing out of his mouth was "this baby drives better than my 04
Caddy!" Then after 20 miles, we changed seats and he showed me that the
need for speed knows no age limit! :)

I'll be taking more pics tomorrow, but in conclusion I'm happy with my
decision. My hat goes off to Chrysler for making a really refined truck
that will smoke any colorado/canyon, or any other dakota-wannabe!

No mods planned as of yet.... Had my fill of fun with the 98! :)

--

Gary Hedlin www.garyhedlin.com 2005 Dakota SLT CC 4.7 5spd 1998 Dakota Sport RC 3.9