Re: Re: New Charger Pics [Was: What to see Plagiarism? ]

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 12:14:08 EDT

"Andy Levy" <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:39:28 -0500, Josh Battles <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
>
> > I've seen some early design sketches of the 06? camaro, and I think GM
is
> > going to be right up there with Ford. I just don't understand this
whole
> > thing Chevy's got going on with the long horizontal bar in every grille.
> > don't like it. Make it stop.
>
> It's no different from a 7-slot grille on a Jeep or the crosshairs on
> a Dodge grille. That's their "Chevy signature" that goes on every
> vehicle. Just about every brand does it.

I'm not really that big of a fan of the crosshairs in the dodge grille
either. I feel that some of the new vehicles could be better suited with
something else.

I still don't think I like the new Chevy designs though, they made
everything look like the Avalanche, even the Corvette. IMO, it's not the
most flattering. I'd take the GMC version over the Chevy version anyday.
Actually, as long as we're already this far offtopic, there really aren't
too many new designs out there that I do like. Don't get me wrong, I like
angles and edges, but I like curves too and it seems that most automakers
have started to shift away from curves for angles. That's why I like my
DAK, it's angular enough yet still has curves to it to soften it a little.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L