Re: Siphon gas

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 20:10:26 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:
> <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message
>
>> Yeah, I've been to quite a few stations which are using the
>>unleaded size nozzle on their diesel pumps. I'm not sure why -
>>I would have thought any diesel vehicle would have the larger
>>fill neck, so I don't think there is a need for a smaller nozzle?
>>

>>--
>> -Jon-
>

> Some of the older pickup trucks don't have the larger sized openings. I
> know the old 87 F250 diesel our family had didn't. If the station had the
> larger nozzles, you were there for hours trying to "drip" fuel into the
> tank.

actually, leaded gas and diesel nozzles
are the same size.

unleaded are smaller (federal law) so
reg. cant be pumped in by accident or
on purpose.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)