Re: Re: 200 hp

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 19:18:48 EDT

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:13:41 -0400, droo <03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net> wrote:

> I was under the impression that the better flowing exhausts didn't need as much power
> from the engine to push the air out. The same idea of using a smaller pully for
> the a/c compressor. Apparently I wasn't correct as bernd has stated.

well that's pretty close to what's going on. that still makes the engine make more power at the crank though. the only way to get more power to the wheels is either to make more power at the crank, or reduce losses through the drivetrain (auto to stick swap, or removal of a transfer case would be about the only things to accomplish this noticably that I can think of)

--
Mike Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT CC, 318/46RE/231, D44/Sterling 10.25, 4.10s, 35s on Humvee rims