Re: Highway stalling... OMGWTFBBQ

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 17:25:27 EDT

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:59:07 -0500, Josh Battles <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:

> ""Rick Barnes"" <barnesrv@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Get a Red Top!
>> (Optima)
>>
>> Rascal
>
> Are those the deep cycle ones? I was thinking about just going with a
> regular old DieHard Silver...I've run them in the past with no issues,
> they're nice batteries and I've got a friend who works at Sears.

redtop is a starting battery, yellowtop is deep cycle and bluetop is marine IIRC.

I've run my redtop flat dead with my dome light twice, and a few more times low enough for my radio to cut out. Seems not to have affected it at all, but I've heard otherwise from others. It seems that generally if they get cranky after being run dead they can be rejuvinated to full capacity by trickle charging. One of the 4 wheel mags had an article on that in the last year (since that's *so* helpful to you, I know).

--
Mike Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT CC, 318/46RE/231, D44/Sterling 10.25, 4.10s, 35s on Humvee rims