RE: Drive Shaft Balance Issues

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 00:35:21 EDT

Balancing the driveshaft wouldn't be a Bad idea anytime a u-joint or yoke is
replaced, most driveline shops can do it reasonably and it will result in
smoother acceleration and performance.

It's basically the same as balancing a wheel and tire assy, just a slightly
different method of balancing the shaft is needed..

Once done, the shaft can be installed without worrying about proper
orientation of the Driveshafts position as it won't matter one bit...

I've seen it done and it's just as easy as balancing a tire, except the
wheel weight is welded on, and the technician actually straightens the shaft
as well as balance it...

Ron
01' Dakota Sport RC 3.9 ...
99' Dakota SLT CC 5.2...