Re: Highway stalling... --update

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 14:40:20 EDT

Well, I made it back to work.

I checked for codes again and still nothing showing up, and all connections
are good. I decided that I'd try to eliminate as many variables as
possible, so I restored the stock PCM program and made it back to work with
no issues other than a good reminder of why I don't run the stock PCM
program ever.

I pulled a couple of plugs, checked under the distrib cap, and everything
looks okay. I could probably replace plugs/wires/cap/rotor for a good
performance increase, but I see no reason there for the stalling. I checked
every electrical connection that I could while I was on the motor and
everything looked good to me. The tested okay, and all plug wires showed
very low resistance, all within 1.5 - 3 ohms of eachother.

I checked in the FSM and diagnostic books for suggestions and the only thing
I could find related to a stalling condition was fuel delivery, theft
system, and the TPS sensor. The TPS would throw a code if it were bad, I
don't have the theft system, and I don't have a fuel pressure gauge....
Stumped again.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

"Josh Battles" <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote in message news:ckjq25$ctf$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > I sit here at home for lunch not knowing whether I'll make it back to > work. The truck made it to work just fine this morning, but on the way > home, it stalled out twice, once in the middle of an intersection as I > was getting ready to make a left turn. I had to push it out of the > intersection so that the other people could go without hitting me. > > I'm at a loss on this one. I checked all the fuses and they seem to be > OK, the relays under the hood aren't anything but mildly warm... I'm > going to look at it more later, but for now I'm stumped and was thinking > about giving the dealer a buzz to see if they can offer any suggestions. > > - Josh