Re: RE: Highway stalling... --update

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 15:18:35 EDT

""Rick Barnes"" <barnesrv@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Are you losing electrics or just fuel, (do all your gauges and radio and
> such stay on)?
>
> Rascal

I don't lose electronics, and as far as I can tell I'm not losing fuel at
all. If I couldn't just hit the key and start it right back up, I might
suspect fuel delivery, but every time its happened I've been able to start
it right back up. It's not an instantaneous start, but it starts up fine
and doesn't take longer than normal. After work today, I'm going to check
the grounds and stuff, maybe I've got an intermittant ground or loose plug
that I missed that's causing a sensor or something to cut out just long
enough to kill it.

I talked to the shop that had it last week for my trans checkup and they
tell me all they did was drive it with a scanner on it. I called the local
5star (that really deserves to be 5star) and the tech I talked to
recommended that I check the crank sensor and distributor pickup. I'll see
what I can do tonight, but I've got 2 classes tonight and a test in each.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L