Re: Re: RE: Highway stalling... --update

From: will (k_kodiak2@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 00:48:32 EDT

Hello,

Not sure it this will help. But I had a similar issue
with my 92 5.2L 2wd. I replaced the battery, tps, and
fuel filter. Nothing worked.

Here's what happened: truck drives fine. Truck
stalls.Then truck sits for 10 minutes or so, and truck
off again. Here's what it turned out to be:

The two-wire harness to the coil was touching the
exhaust manifold. It was hard to see at first. I
rerouted harness. Truck fired up! Has been running
like a champ ever since. I think that the heat from
manifold increased resistance from coil dkgrn/org wire
to ASD splice, blocking signal to ASD, effectively
turning it off (shutting off both fuel and spark)and
my truck.

HOpe this helps.

will