Re: RE: Diff between v6 and v8 TBs

From: kvmac45@comcast.net
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 17:04:54 EDT

I figured it was way too big for a V6. Thought it was a little strange that
Holley even offered it. They would have been better served by 50mm unit with
the V6 linkage. I guess they figured they could save tooling costs or
something, since all they offer is 52mm, and just put a different linkage on
the shaft for the V6. At any rate, I just wanted to make sure that it would fit
on a V8 with no problems or need to do some port matching. Currently I have a
318, but as the engine gets older and more tired, it gets closer to an eventual
rebuild and/or replacement. Currently leaning towards a 390 stroker, or if
money gets tight, throw a junkyard 360 and build it up. Either option would be
well suited to a 52mm TB. As good deals come along, I tend to jump on them, as
I am gradually accumulating parts for this project. I doubt I would put the
52mm on right now anyway, since it likely would be too much air for my old 318.
It would simply go on the shelf with my slowly growing stockpile of parts.