Rear diff update

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 12:55:26 EDT

Now that we're back online...

OK, the problem (well, the explanation I've gotten thus far) is that there was
a bearing problem which in turn damaged the housing. As of 6 PM yesterday, my
truck was in the dealer's parking lot, waiting for parts.

I called Mike on my way home and all we could figure out was maybe a spun
bearing. I never heard any odd noises that I can think of.

Could they really pull the gears from the old diff housing, remove the housing
from the truck, put in the new one, and get everything put back together in 8
hours? Any bets on whether I'm stuck w/ this Neon tonight too?