Re: e-brake cable

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 03:08:57 EDT

andy levy wrote:
> Sure it's not the springs themselves? Some Durangos of about the same
> vintage as your truck have had squeaky leaf packs.

Pretty sure, yes. I can jiggle the e-brake cable around and it makes
the same noise that I hear when I am driving. (I only hear it with the
window down, and I only hear it because the sound reflects off of my
mirror -- if I fold the mirror in, I don't hear the sound anymore)

My leaf springs are a slight bit squeaky, but it's more of a creaking
sound. The noise that I think is a result of the e-brake cable is more
of a high-pitched squeak.

On that note, though, what's the "solution" to the squeaky springs on
the Durangos? New springs? Grease/anti-sieze at some magic spot in the
spring pack?

-Bill