Re: e-brake cable

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 10:10:26 EDT

"andy levy" <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote in message

> | On that note, though, what's the "solution" to the squeaky springs on
> | the Durangos? New springs? Grease/anti-sieze at some magic spot in the
> | spring pack?
>
> I think it was a teflon pad between the springs.
> - --
> - -andy

I had this TSB done on my truck in September of 2000 and all they did was
add some spring isolators. It's basically a hockey puck sized piece of
plastic that they wedge into the holes at the ends of the leafs and then
grease the hell out of. It kept the springs SILENT for a grand total of 3
months, then they started squeaking again, but nowhere near as much as they
had been before the isolators were added. Now with the Hotchkis leafs I get
a little bit of noise from them but nothing that you'd notice unless you
were listening for it.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L