Re: Daktoberfest - anybody coming on Friday?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 12:38:00 EDT

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:37:51 +0000 (UTC), <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:

> Ok, fine... The '92 4x4. :-) Finally finished the rear
> brake job on it tonight. I've got a brake/ABS light on now
> though, I'm not sure why... Ran it forwards and backwards
> hitting the brakes and the pedal pressure has built up better
> and its stopping better than it did when it first rolled out
> of the garage, but still not too great. (Though I haven't
> driven that truck in so long that I might just be used to my
> other vehicles which can actually stop.) ;-)

get the rear drums adjusted well? I had a low pedal in the Dakota and enough problems with the pressure bias to get a brake/abs light (there's a sensor between the brake F&R lines that senses bias in flow/pressure and if it sees too much fluid movement between the lines it'll throw those lights). once I brought the shoes out to just draggin (and backed off my seized ebrake cable) the pedal came right up and it's stopped great since.

if it's getting better that sounds like a likely situ, since the auto-adjusters might actually be working (what a shock that would be!)

Needing to do brakes on the '84,

--
Mike Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT CC, 318/46RE/231, D44/Sterling 10.25, 4.10s, 35s on Humvee rims