Re: Are slotted rotors worh the extra money?

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 13:05:13 EDT

"ffastje" <ffastje@cox.net> wrote in message
news:417A834C.2000701@cox.net...

> I was just wondering if slotted rotors give better performance for the
> extra cost.And if they do. do any of the local parts stores carry them?
> (napa auto zone, O'Reilly, advance) Going to be doing the brakes this
> weekend
> so would like not to have to wait for rotors to be shipped. TIA
> --
> Francis Fastje

I'd say that they're worth it, I'm running powerslots on my truck and they
work great. I can lock my fronts at about 60 mph no problem. It's a big
help when the deer jump out in front of you.

I used to run them on my mustang as well - at all 4 corners, and they made a
huge difference on the track.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L