Re: Are slotted rotors worh the extra money?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 13:21:49 EDT

ffastje wrote:

> I was just wondering if slotted rotors give better performance for the
> extra cost.And if they do. do any of the local parts stores carry them?
> (napa auto zone, O'Reilly, advance) Going to be doing the brakes this
> weekend
> so would like not to have to wait for rotors to be shipped. TIA

I've been running Powerslots for about a year and a half. I replaced
the original rotors with the Powerslots because I had problems with the
stock rotors warping. It took about a year for them to warp the first
time, I had them machined, and then they warped again within about 6-8
months.

Since I installed the Powerslots, I haven't had any problems with
warping. I went with the Hawk pads simply because they were recommended
by Powerslot. I'm not entirely sure I'd make that choice again. They
still stop really well, but they squeak when I'm stopping/slowing down
at lower speeds (pulling into the garage, parking somewhere, etc.) and
it gets kind of annoying. Given my recent level of laziness when it
comes to most things other than work and school, I will probably wait
until they wear out to replace them.

-Bill