RE: Machine Work

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 07:48:49 EDT

$150 for the heads (with 3-angle valve job). No, you can't use the stock
pistons with .010" overbore (you can use KB Silvolites at .030" over bore -
$140 from Summit Racing).

You can use the V8 rods but you'll have to regrind the crank to accept the
larger (wider) bearings from the V8's. .010/.010 on the crank is a good
idea as well.

I've done all of that with my V6 already. (I'm now at a .040" overbore with
10:1 pistons and .010/.010 on the crank with Carillo rods from a 318).

- Bernd