re: RE: OFF-TOPIC: Nissan Altima '97 wont start

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 09:07:49 EDT

Hey Dan,
sorry I'm late in answering this.... I'm in Digest Mode. My girlfriend has
a '94 Altima that was doing basically the same thing as your wife's car. I
found out the Nissan's are notorious for distributor failure. (That's what
the problem was with hers just two weeks ago). Hers would start and die
intermittently. Left her stranded several times. It's not a cheap part, so
be prepared for the dizzy to run you about 230-250 bucks. Junkyard ones
might be cheaper, but I'd be afraid of running into the same prob with it.
I would definitely look at testing yours to see if that's the problem. Good
luck!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto