Re: DTC P0138, now also with rambling

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 15:14:49 EDT

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:03:09 -0500, Bernd D. Ratsch <fasstdak@hotmail.com> wrote:

> This code actually translates to: O2 sensor circuit - high voltage (Bank 1
> Sensor 2). That would be the Left bank/Downstream. More than likely, the
> sensor is shorted...but check the harness and make sure it hasn't rubbed
> itself on something and grounded out (seen that happen).

I was wondering what the 1/2 and 2/2 indicated in the definitions....

so since I've got only two (no left and right bank, just upstream and downstream) this would be indicating a problem with my downstream being shorted. in which case I don't give two shits. but I should still probably replace the upstream since it's 6 years and 114000 miles old and I'm getting poor milage =)

In other related news, the sluggishness I was feeling is cured: I cleaned my K&N like I'd been meaning to all summer. definitely could be related to milage too - the tank I just filled was much better than 10, though it only had 40 miles of clean filter out of 200. In any case I'm happy enough for the moment. (15ish gallons for 200ish miles is more acceptable than being near E at 170!)

My truck also washed. everybody at work was giving me a bit of a hard time ("so, when you gonna get that crap off so we can actually *see* it?"), amidst their envy ("damn, did you see that big Dodge in the lot? I want that truck!" is a very cool phrase to hear! especially from bowtie [good ol'] boys)

since I'm out of work early and it's a gorgeous day I'm gonna wax her too. hopefully get some pictures in the before it gets dark....

--
Mike Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT CC, 318/46RE/231, D44/Sterling 10.25, 4.10s, 35s on Humvee rims