Re: DTC P0138

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 15:21:48 EDT

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:33:26 -0500, Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> The original function of the O2 sensor was to monitor the A/F ratio to keep it at an optimal mixture. Then the manufacts. got the great idea to stick another O2 sensor after the CAT to monitor how well the CAT is working. What I am left wondering is - does the post-CAT sensor ONLY monitor CAT efficency? Or does the ECM pull data from BOTH the up and downstream sensors to moderate the A/F ratio?

I think it's on '01 and newer that the value of the downstream is also taken into account for fuel curves. bernd mentioned the cutoff year a couple months ago....

--
Mike Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT CC, 318/46RE/231, D44/Sterling 10.25, 4.10s, 35s on Humvee rims