Re: Re: Exhaust and Cat question..

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 22:34:31 EDT

>>Another note regarding the size, (correct me if I am wrong) but
I think Mike's experience might be with a pre-mag V6, as opposed
to a Magnum V6.<<

I'll just tell everyone exactly what happened when I put on my 3" exhaust. I
had a 2.5" high-flo cat and 3" Blowmaster dual exit. I went to the drag
strip and ran 17.9. At that tie I had Headers, 14x3 K&N, Jet Chip, plug
wires, exhaust. The folowing year I returned to the track having only
changed to a 2.5" Borla single exit, and removed the Jet Chip and ran a
17.2. I know it woulda' been faster if I had left the Jet on there, but Gas
was killin' me =)

that's just my experience. I'd hate to see someone spend hundreds of $$ on
exhaust that costs you power as opposed to helping it ...

-miggity
Newport News VA
2000 FR R/T CC

"...someone set up us the bomb...."