Re: Re: Exhaust and Cat question..

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 13:45:46 EDT

>>There are to many variables and unkowns here to conclude that the size of
>>the
tailpipes had anything to do whith your runs<<

hhmm...

okay, here are the variables that work against your theory. 1. It was colder
and less humid the day I ran the slower times, so theoretically I should've
been faster. 2. The truck was definitely faster with the Jet chip. I have
timeslips to prove it. 3. When I ran the faster times, I had 87 Octane and a
full tank. When I ran the slower times, I had 93 and half a tank. 4. Once I
switched to the Borla setup, I actually had a traction issue that was not
present with the Flowmaster. That would suggest that there was a significant
loss of low-end. No tune-ups or other maintenance had occured between those
trips to track aside from oil changes and a tire rotation. I owned that
truck for 7 years, so there! neeaaaaaahhh =P

I felt a dramatic difference when I switched from the 3" to the 2.5" setup.
you don't want too big on a V6, it's an expensive mistake I'm trying to help
prevent =)

-miggity
Newport News VA
2000 FR R/T CC