Re: Re: OT: Get ye to a polling place!

From: J Wynia (jwynia@pragmapool.com)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 08:14:32 EST

Actually, when he ran for governor (I live in MN and did during that
election), he tried to change his nickname to Jesse "The Mind" Ventura,
including running a disturbing ad of himself as Rodin's "The Thinker".

The funny thing is that most of the country thinks we voted for him
because he was a wrestler/famous. But, an awful LOT of those who voted
for him decided to do so after his debate performance. He sat there next
to 2 "politicians" giving their typical spinned answers, etc., he
actually said what was clearly on his mind. In that context it was a
breath of fresh air.

Of course, once elected, he found out how difficult it can be to work
with a state House and Senate that aren't happy with a 3rd party
governor and ended up declining to run for a second term.