Re: OT: Get ye to a polling place!

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 22:21:47 EST

He's done some great interviews concerning politics; I like how he didn't
think of himself as a politician; and often spoke of actually disliking the
way politics works; or more to the point how it didn't.
He would do as you said and speak his mind; he was all about just trying to
do what he could for the people.
Not living in MN myself.. I didn't get to be there first hand to see his
"work"; but I trust him more as a person that most poiticians. I wouldn't
have thought that people would have voted for him because of his fame. But
it was his fame and charisma from he wrestling career that got him people's
attention. Same kind of thing that got people like Ronald Reagan, Sonny
Bono, and Scwarzenneger into offices. You're not voted for because you're a
star; but it gets a foot in the door to be heard.
Aaron