Re: It's Alive! (Was - New Guy - Old Dakota)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 01:57:20 EST

Mike Fox wrote:

> Fuel Pressure regulator did it! Started right up and stayed running. Just
> long enough for me to set the timing before the fuel return line blew, oh
> well. I changed the oil and it came out like swamp water from 50 psi fuel
> last week.
> The next step will be to try to drive it and see what blows up from sitting
> outside for 3 years.
> First I need a bit more help from some Gen 1 Premag guys.
> I can't get my transmission kick down rod to hook up right. It seems like
> it's too long. Can anybody post a picture of how this hooks up. I have the
> drawing in the manual and I'm sure I'm doing it right but it just wont hook
> up. I will try to get some pics.
> Should be rolling soon!
> Thanks
> Mike

I'll see if I can get you some pics on Thursday - (later today) I'ts
pretty simple. Hooks up to the linkage on the throttle body, and
connects to the kick down lever on the trans.

As for the engine - let it warm up real good before you take it out for
a test drive. A compression test wouldn't hurt either. Also - would be
a good idea to do another oil change after a few hundrid miles. An
engine that has been sitting (especially for 3 years outside) can
develop some surface rust on the cyl walls - if it wasnt lubed prior to
storage. When the pistons start to scrape that off, it can get into the
oil.

Prolly wouldnt hurt to do the rest of the fluids (diffs, transfercase,
tranny)

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!