Not: Wire Routing Suggestions

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 19:01:04 EST

On Nov 4, 2004, at 09:52, Josh Battles wrote:

> "Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message
>>
>> On Nov 3, 2004, at 09:28, Josh Battles wrote:
>>
>>> You're [Tom] the first to just rip something apart and try to
>>> put it back together.
>>>

>> No, I don't think so. But he's a close second.
>> --
>> Mike Maskalans <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
>
> I forgot about that, "Mr. I need a steering knuckle, bearing, and
> brakes....
> why not just do a SFA swap?!"
>
> You definately win.

thank ya :^D

> You ever put that shift kit in?

nope. was going to do if after the Dakota was done - ha. and now it's
COLD (supposed to see flurries tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night; was
26 last night). so it'll wait for spring, or maybe my next Dodge
slushbox..... I haven't decided what I'm doing with the RamCharger now
that the Dakota is built. For the moment it's just sitting as a spare.
  Which reminds me I owe it an oil change and I should top off + seafoam
it's fuel sometime soon since it'll probably sit all winter.

I got a bit frustrated with it driving to work before I had the rear
shocks in the Dakota. It won't accelarate uphill above about 65, and
the last 1/3 of my way to work is almost uphill. I'd also like a tach
to see just how badly I'm punishing the poor thing without overdrive
doing 75+ on 490. I think a lockup tq converter would be a nice
upgrade for it if I decide to do anything involving real mileage (along
with needing to adjust bands if not rebuild)

In other rambling thoughts that I've decided the list cares about, my
Dakota is getting about 13mpg, it's looking like, at sane expressway
speeds (65-75). 10ish at "I'm making up for being 5 minutes late in a
20 mile drive" expressway speeds (80-95). I'm running the premium
program from SuperChips right now, after a few more commute fill-ups
I'm going to swap down a step and see what it does for milage and
power. I think with premium now only being 10% more than regular
instead of the 22% more it used to be, it's definitely worth it for the
zip. I can't light up the 35s from a standing start on dry pavement,
but it'll chirp them when I romp on it from a rolling start and it
catches the 2-1 downshift just right, and will light 'em in wet, a
turn, or dirty tires/pavement. I'd miss those extra ponies if they
went away. (especially since the truck is more powerful than it had
been before the swap - 32s on 3.55s is much worse than 35s on 4.10s.)

enough rambling.

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s