Re: TQ conv lockup with new belly pan

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 19:09:31 EST

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Barry Oliver wrote:

> I just had my belly pan gasket replaced for the second time in 30k miles.

well that blows. I'm glad mine is holding up. the first time it goes I'm
either getting a billet pan or ditching the beer barrel though.

> Now I don't think my Tq converter is locking up. Is there any possible
> correlation between those?

well of course there *shouldn't* be......

to test lockup, try driving a steady highway speed and gently riding the
brakes. if I do this in my truck the converter unlocks and I get a 400 or
so RPM surge. you should also be able to see (in the tach) /feel it
unlock if you turn overdrive on/off while cruising.

--
Mike Maskalans

BTW / P.S. / OT / OMGWTFBBQ - Anne and I are planning on the weekend of the 19th-21st. so plan on that or let us know if it's not going to work out. we should talk before then and solidify things.