Re: 1.6 vs. 1.7 rr's

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 19:51:47 EST

>>Currently I have a 604 Competition Cams:lift .512 dur@.050 210, 220 / LSA
112. I know the 1.7's will fit in my MP valve covers but will they have any
benefit due to the lift already built into the cam?<<

I was told by apretty reliable source when I built my 360 that the 604 and
1.7's is too much lift and that I'd be hard pressed to find a valve spring
that'll stand up to it. I was also told that I would probably lose power.
The lift on the Comp cam is calculated for 1.5 rockers, so you'll already
have more than .512 lift with the stockers. I don't remember the formula to
figure out what the lift will be, but it's ridiculously high with 1.7's. I
wouldn't do it, but then again, I wasn't building a 408. =)

-miggity
Newport News VA
2000 FR R/T CC

"...someone set up us the bomb...."