RE: Rad leak sealers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 07:50:11 EST

While using a radiator sealer may work, it's not the correct way to fix a
radiator (you know what I'm going to say so I won't say it).

However, stay away from the thick/pasty/pellet style sealers - they can
damage water pumps by making the pump "chop" the pellets - cast pumps can
break with this (I can show you a picture of this if you don't believe me).

We use the BG Cooling system sealer as it's not a thick paste and does work
very well. I actually had to use this on a small hole in my radiator - it
held for two years...right up to the point when I change it to a new
radiator.

- Bernd