Re: Roush Magnums (was: SEMA Show 2004 Photos)

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 23:29:22 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:
>>The front bumper/winch assembly really makes the front end look more
>>bearable. Now it just needs a taillight transplant from a Gen III.
>

> I think it's the lack of chrome on the front end (that grille is big
> enough already, it doens't need to stand out even more) and the fender
> flares. the side shots of that truck look better than stock too. I'd
> like to see a stock gen IV with the grill de-chromed and the bumper
> painted black or body color.
>
> I'm thinking the lift is also neccessary to fix the "I'm SHORT!" problem
> that the 4x4s have along with some better rims and tires covered by
> flares like those.

Yep, I agree. They really addressed a lot of the problems. (In fact,
the only exterior problem not addressed is those awful tail lights)
Other than that, I think the interior really just needs some more
instrumentation.

What I do wonder is how they did the lift -- if they were able to fab
something up that looks decent in that short of a timespan, it seems
like it shouldn't be too long before someone is making a nice suspension
lift kit for the Gen IV.

I still have yet to drive a Gen IV. Going to have to take care of that
real soon.

-Bill