Re: Geographical Center of the US - was 10th Anniversary Meet

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 08:40:52 EST

Hey, DML!

<snip> * Denver (Lots of old gold-mining towns to off-road to in the
hills).
 - 1780 Miles from New York
http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/coloradotrails/_ <snip>

Not sure who posted the original, but MapQuest tells me:
Total Est. Distance: 1815.47 miles
Total Est. Time: 27 hours, 33 minutes

Sooooo...If I score some Crystal down in the back streets of Albany, I can
get there in a little over 1
day - driving straight thru - at the speed limit. I'd probably push that a
tad, but even then, we'll call it 1 day....
Seeing as I've been clean & sober for 8+ years, Susan would NEVER let me
relapse...
So now we're talkin a 2 - 3 day jaunt to get there & roughly a week ON THE
ROAD (all total)
& around $400 (+/-) in gas & at least 1 oil change & at least another WEEK
in PM to make sure
The DAKSY will get us there (& BACK!)...
In order to justify the drive, I'd hafta vote in favor of AT LEAST a week of
festivities...
I'd throw my vote towards camping so as to keep the lodging costs down...
Despite the negative aspects of both time & $$$, we'd plan on going...

SO, JUST SAY WHEN!!!

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed