Re: Geographical Center of the US - was 10th Anniversary Meet

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 20:43:31 EST

Personally, I liked the South Dakota suggestion better myself but Denver is a
consideration. It would be in the neighborhood of 1900+ miles from Connecticut.
A real long drive especially if I’m pulling the ‘88 on the trailer. In
reality, Denver is further south & west than I'm willing to go for only a
couple of days. It would definitely have to be for more than 3-4 days and
everyone’s projects would need to be done before the event. Starting out from
base camp at 3PM each day would not make the trip worth it for anyone driving a
long way. We would have to set an event itinerary with everything pre-planned
but still leave room for last minute changes/whims. As far as dates go, the
sooner we pick a date the better. I’m leaning for sometime mid – late summer
(preferably not a holiday weekend). Also, depending on if/when we put this
together, it would have impact on whether I attend the ’05 BBQ. I’m personally
for relocating the BBQ event for a year. Not that I don’t like Jon’s place, but
two events in a short period of time would not be feasible for some.

Walt
http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com

Bob; you and I (as well as any one else we can corral) would have to caravan on
this one. It may slow us down some but it'll be safer in the long run. BTW..You
ever finish sorting the BBQ pictures? I'd like to see what you got.