AWOL for a bit

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 23:22:05 EST

Sorry folks - with turkey day coming up, I have family in town and work
has been hellish all week and its only going to get worse there for a
while. I've got lots of emails to send and I've looked over a few of
the posts from today and I don't have time to reply to everything.

I like the discussion and ideas that are going around right now - this
is what I was hoping for. In reply to a few posts - yes this National
Meet will take place in either June or July of 2006. It will replace
the DML BBQ as far as I'm concerned. However if Jon is willing - I at
the very least - would still be willing to head to Steigerville after
teh National meet - but then again we all know I'm not sane.

Bill, I know you are way up on the east coast and I'm trying to think of
a way we can keep this driveable for most people. We'll see what can be
done.

Everyone interested, please email me your city/town, and state if you
have not done so already. Its critical that I get a map with everyone
flagged on there to aid in location choosing.

Jon: Great points about keeping the event time frame large enough to
make this worth it for everyone - and also about having things to do.

I emailed Jason about this a day or so ago - thinking along the same
lines. I'll post my "timeline" later.

I found a town called *Dodge* in the state of *North* *Dakota*.
Having th emeet there would be seriously cool. However the problem is
that would be a driving distance of about 1500+ miles from a location
like Rochester, NY.

Due to that simple fact - I doubt that would be a good location. Its
also a small town of under 200 people. I started looking into what kind
of recration would be up there but didn't finish. I don't think there
is anything up there worth going to see. Having the meet in a town
which has a cool name isnt enough. I am all for outdoor activities.
Personally I would love to run the gauntlet all week. Little bit of
drag racing (never done that before) - little offroading, camping, and
some sort of attration to go and see. (hence my original idea of the 4
corners location - BTW - SERIOUSLY LMAO @ your "legal!, Illegal,
Illegal, Illegal!" idea - LMFAO)

ANyway I gotta get up for work early as hell tomarrow - going in early
because of the holiday to get stuff done. I'll have more time to read
over stuff and send replys and get some stuff going here, after turkey day.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Remember - friends don't lets friends eat
turney and then drive! (Food Coma!)

Gobble Gobble...

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!