Re: Recomendations for frame Restoration, Need Help.

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 09:12:01 EST

FWIW, sand blasting and POR15 are not a good combo. POR15 counts on the rusted
metal to provide the bite for it to stick (Works great over rusted metal). I
painted some clean ruffed up unrusted sheet metal with POR and it peeled off
with in a year. If you are going to sand blast (and not powder coat) the frame
I would recomend that it be painted with a quality self etching epoxy primer.
You can then paint or rhino or whatever after that.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4