Re: National Meet Needs To Be Central For Everyone

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 11:25:51 EST

""Jason Bleazard"" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote in message

> Okay, so rather than waiting for a solid commitment, let's just figure out
> who would have a serious interest, then find a location that isn't too bad
> for too many of those people. The very first DML Norah organized back in
> '98 taught us that it's impossible to please everyone. Unfortunate, but
> true.

*raises hand* I'm game, just as long as I can financially afford the trip
and I can get the time off. However, being that it's still about 2 years
away I'm sure I can manage both. I also have never been to Denver....

> Yeah, but it's wide open, so you can cover a lot of ground quickly if
> you're so inclined.

I am so inclined. ;-)

> Very true. Tom has been forwarding me a few names, and I made up a test
> map just to see if that program worked. Between the replies he's had,
> plus me adding in a few of the usual suspects, I've only got 13 data
> points so far. The average is around Gary, IN. If anyone wants to see
> the map as it is so far, I can e-mail it or upload it someplace.

You got me on that map, right? Also, trust me when I tell you you don't
ever want to go to Gary, IN. IIRC, it's the murder capital of the midwest,
and just in general not someplace you'd want to go. I go to school in the
next town over (Purdue, in Hammond, IN) and have had to cut through Gary on
a few occasions. Now, I'm not one to be afraid to drive anywhere and I was
afraid driving through.

> Bottom line: if you think you might have any interest at all in attending
> a national meet, SPEAK UP and let me and/or Tom know where you're located.

I have spoken, add me to the list. Oak Forest, IL

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L